Friday, December 7, 2007

Ready for a Redline 29er


So my long wait of over two years of deciding on a new mountain bike is almost over. The last several years I have been watching the mountain bike advance in technology and mostly options. There is a mountain bike for everyone now a days. If only the rest of the world would get a mountain bike or even any bike would be great. I currently have a Specialized Hardrock AX from 1997. It has been an awesome bike and it has really out performed itself over the last year. But I am ready and I think my old hardrock is ready for a break. After riding and racing for the last six years I gotten use to my hardtail and I don't think I am ready for a full suspension bike yet. Maybe when I turn 50. I have also been interested in all the opinions on steel frames. Since my hardrock is aluminum I really don't want to buy I bike I already own. Sure I can upgrade on wait, components and front shocks but it will basically ride and behave like my current bike. I have ridden some friend’s bike and there is not much difference between the two. Then last year the 29er rage really kind of took off. More coverage of the bikes and more companies producing these bikes too. The biggest things that drive my to a 29er is;
  • Steel frames
  • Rigid forks
  • Large wheels for better rolling
  • Bike set-ups and options
  • My size (6')
  • The area I live in
  • The look

I have always been drawn to Redline. From my younger years when I was into Freestyle BMX and BMX Racing, Redline was what you wanted! (I WANTED) So I was very excited to see how much they where putting into developing 29er mountain bikes.
I have ridden several different bikes and I have been most impressed with the single speeds and from what I have seen on the trails and races they are all that they are suppose to be. Which also brings up the other plus when it comes to 29er along with single speeds. They really seem to go hand in hand. Which leads my back to my decision on getting a Redline Monocog Flight 29er!



No comments: